Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Western NY

Space Heater Causes House Fire

  • Text size: + -

Eight people are safe after a house fire in Rochester early Thursday morning.

It started as a porch fire around 3 a.m. on LeFrois Street. The fire made its way through the front of the house on the first and second floors.

Three adults and five kids all got out safely.

Firefighters say the people on the first floor woke up to a smoke detector and the person on the second floor woke up to the smell of smoke. One dog died in the fire.

Firefighters say a space heater on the front porch is to blame.

10.11.12.242 ClientIP: 54.205.242.179, 10.62.6.199, 23.62.6.207 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP